Speaker: Shanell Winfield-Nix, M.A.
Primerica, Firestone & Associates
Believe it or not, the workplace is where people make some of the most important financial decisions of their lives. “At work, we may decide how much to save for retirement, whether and how to secure health and life insurance, and whether to set aside funds to meet child care and medical expenses through specialized savings accounts.” (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, 2014)
Given this natural connection between the workplace and the financial decisions employees must make upon joining a company, there is great opportunity for employers to leverage existing benefits while re-imagining financial wellness program delivery. This will help to enhance employee financial knowledge and skills and can be critical for the employer’s and the employee’s bottom line.
The goal of this seminar is to discuss how creative approaches to Financial Wellness for the workplace can help workers acquire the financial education and skills they need to improve their financial security and build a better life for themselves and their families.
Outcomes for this session include:
- Expanding our definition of Financial Wellness.
- Analyzing how financial stress affects the other Dimensions of Health, as well as workplace performance.
- Examining how Financial Wellness Programs can reduce or alleviate many of the financial questions employees bring to Human Resources.
- Exploring how Financial Wellness can help employees gain access to outside resources for financial concerns that employees don’t usually bring to Human Resources.
- Reviewing Case Studies of companies that have incorporated Financial Wellness into the workplace.
Shanell Nix's Bio.pdf
This event has been approved for one (1) HRCI and SHRM credit.